Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Vegas Recap

Figured I would shoot out a quick blog about what I learned this weekend in Vegas.

1. Great place to network

I met some really cool people and hopefully will get some opportunities out of it. Regardless, I befriended 2 kiwis (slang for people from New Zealand) and now have people to party with in NZ when we go in September for world cup.  Definitely a win.

2. The Buffets are not what they are cracked up to be


I will admit, I did indulge a bit and definitely consumed more calories than appropriate. I eat well more than %80 of the time, so I can do that a few times a year. People who do not frequently exercise and workout on a regular basis should not. The food at these buffets are mostly fried or processed. No bueno, especially for $27 a seat. Though the pie and gelato selection was out of this world. All kidding aside, it was tough to find healthier options at the buffets, especially with all the sweets lurking in the middle.

3. World-class rugby players are the best athletes on earth

I am not just saying this because I am now a huge fan of the sport, rather they simply are. There is not a skill you can name across any sport that doesn't apply to rugby. These were the fastest, most agile athletes I have ever watched. Their change of direction made Reggie Bush look like Warren Sapp. Though Reggie's c.o.d is insane, especially after dodging all those NCAA investigators.  Lastly, I'm not going to even waste time talking about physical toughness of rugby players. Also big ups to South Africa, who simply dominated everyone.


4. Drink prices are just stupid

Come on Vegas! $8 for a pint of beer?! Let me put on lipstick and high heels before you screw me. Big props to the guy who invented the hip flask though. Made our paying $6 for a coke at the concessions justified with a flask of Jack waiting at our seats.

5. I love Apple

On the way up to Vegas my phone just breaks while charging. Thinking I am starting my trip $500 in the hole puts a damper on your day. However, I head to the Apple store in Vegas and 20 minutes later I leave with a new iPhone. I had 3 days left on my warranty. Those people are awesome and the customer service is phenomenal.

Thanks for tuning in. I promise educational posts to come.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment